Saturday, March 3, 2018

Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell-Final Thoughts

I have finely completed my reading of Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. I haven’t been reading as much as I normally do and most of my winter’s reading list will be moved to my spring reading.

The book, the first by Susanna Clarke, was over 1000 pages with some very fine print.

The book is divided into three volumes:

Volume 1: Mr. Norrell: I found the first volume interesting and good reading.

Volume 2: Jonathan Strange: it started off interesting, but got bogged down with a lot trifling details, or was it I who got bogged down?

Volume 3: John Uskglass: the last and most interesting and I found myself reading through this section at a good clip. It was hard to put the book down at this point.

Overall the book was interesting and a very good read. You might have noticed I made many posts from this text. (I still a few more posts to make, just need to get them transcribed).

Having seen the BBC TV series and as frequently is the case, the book provided more detail and gave me a more intimate understanding of its characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment