Friday, August 21, 2015

Scale Figures- "With a Scene in Mind"

I wrote this post almost two years ago. How I forgot to post it is any ones guess. These HO scale figures are from the folks at "Scale Figures". I purchased a few of these figures with a “scene in mind” and will paint these figures one of these days.  In the past I have made two other mentions of Scale Figures.

PECOS SLIM (rolling a ciggie): Pecos Slim doesn’t look like a hippy, so we can assume that he is rolling a tobacco cigarette. I don’t smoke myself, but do know those who do.
OLD MAN (looking at watch): He could be waiting on someone or like the conductor, waiting for the local Number 6.
CIGAR STORE INDIAN: A good place for him would be on a porch of some general store or a tobacco shop.  As a child, I remember these statures seeming being bigger than life, perhaps I should stand a child figure next to this cigar store Indian. (I do have another figure, who just so happens to be smoking a cigar)
TONY (sleeping it off): Tony, Tony, Tony. Stick him up against some tree opposite the village saloon.
OLD JON (with cane): Who says Jon has to be old, he could be veteran. Stick him in a crowd, on a street, or on a trail.
CONDUCTOR (looking at watch): Where is that Number 6? “Doesn’t that damn engineer know I have a schedule to keep?”
OLDTIMER (leaning): Not everyone is young in years, but we can stay young at heart. Let’s hope the old-timers heart is alright.
THE RIFLEMAN (shooting rifle): Out hunting for his dinner. He spots a large buck. He takes aim…
PHOTOGRAPHER (with old-time box camera): Oh how the countryside has changed, better get a picture while it is still pristine.
THE DRIVER (wearing long coat): I have had an idea for this scene as soon as I saw the figure. I will pair the driver up with a 1904 OldsmobileCurved Dash Run-About (Jordon Highway Miniatures). 
CARLOS (panning for gold): Even after the mine closed (long ago abandon) people are still finding nuggets in that creak.
MILLER (lumberjack with axe): Well if you have a forest, and you want to keep yourself cozy on those long winter nights, you better be taking in a stock of fire wood.
ARLIS (with satchel & bag): He is apparently waiting to go somewhere. Stick him at the station along with the impatient old man and conductor. I seem to have a double of this figure. The double is from another manufacture. I wonder how that happened?
ARLO (carrying bucket): Water from the well or creak needs to be brought into the inn so the guests can wash-up and brush their teeth. It might not be the most glamorous job, but it is a living.

No comments:

Post a Comment