Saturday, April 26, 2014

Micro Navies

My order from C in C has finely arrived and I am very happy with all the miniatures I had ordered. I was especially drawn to the sets of 1/4800 scale WWII navy ships. I am surprised on the amount of detail of these miniatures; from the larger Battleships and Cruisers down to the smallest destroyers.

I have decided to paint one set at a time, not wanting to accidently mix up the sets I ordered representing the Kriegsmarine and the Royal Navies. At this scale, and how I am planning on using these miniatures, I not going to bother trying to paint a camouflage pattern on the Royal Navy ships as was used on some of Royal Navy ‘s ships during this era, but stick to the standard of dark grey hulls and light grey for the superstructure and turrets. The Kriegsmarine ships will get a standard light grey throughout. This will make the two navies distinguishable enough during skirmishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment