Saturday, March 15, 2014

Works of Michael Crichton I Have Either Read or Have Seen

Michael Crichton has always been one of my favorite authors. The following are works of Michael Crichton I have read or seen.
Year Title Notes
1969 The Andromeda Strain This title is one of many of Crichton’s work that was adapted for the cinema. This movie was full of suspense and drama.  The plot takes place in the present and depicts a situation where some organism finds its way to some small town out in the desert and most of people die because of their blood congealing in to granules. Two people survive; a wino and infant.
1975 The Great Train Robbery I believe I saw the movie first and then read the book. I have found that the books are usually better than the movie, but in this case, I feel the movie was better than the book.  This story takes place in Victorian England and tells of a daring train robbery. Seeing the characters in person and viewing scenes from the Victorian era was delightful.
1980 Congo I saw the movie first and then I read the book. This is another case where the movie seemed better than the book. Very suspenseful.  ”The novel centers on an expedition searching for diamonds and investigating the mysterious deaths of a previous expedition in the dense rain forest of Congo.” It seems that there are descendents of apes originally trained by the servants of King Solomon to protect the diamonds from being found.
1990       Jurassic Park I read this book and I have seen the movie. In this case the movie was better in that it allowed you to see all those wonderful creatures and added a dramatization that only a movie could bring you.
1995 The Lost World  I wouldn’t mind seeing the movie; however, having seen Jurassic Park and having become more acquainted with these the creatures, the book was very enjoyable and full of suspense.
1999 Timeline I don’t know whether this title was ever made into a movie, but the book was a good read. It features a plot that takes place in medieval England. A history professor gets warped to the past and his graduate students go back in time to rescue him. Very interesting plot; one of the grad-student becomes infatuated with one of ladies of this age and decides to stay behind. Everyone delightedly reads about his exploits in the redefined history books.

No comments:

Post a Comment