Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Axis and Allies 1941 Battle Report-#01

Axis and Allies 1941 Game Board

I played my first game of Axis and Allies 1941 the other day. There were only two us and I won the best out of three in a coin toss and picked the axis powers. That left the three allies for my opponent. We played for four hours and had to quit; so much for a quick game.

Germany had the advantage of having a large force contained in a relatively small area and did not have to worry about supply lines as did Britain, US, and Japan. Coupled with the fact that Russia, although fields a large infantry, has nothing much of an air force or mechanized units, by the end of the second round Germany had sacked the Russian capital and Russia was basically out of the game.

Like I alluded to before, the game dragged on, and toward the end of the game the only countries that had any air units were Japan and the US. Japans navy was non-existent, Germany had no navy or air units, Britain did have a few transports, but little else. The only power that had substantial force was the US, but it had to transport units across the Atlantic and Pacific. Since neither Japan nor Germany had any way to bring the war to the US or England, I believe that the US would have eventually won the game.

I few things I would have done differently if I could have hit rerun. First of all I should have, after sacking Moscow and gaining one of Russia industrial complexes, built up my forces substantially here before moving on to take other territory. Secondly, after I had gained so many IPC points, I had at one time 21 IPC; I should have built up my forces not only in the territories I had just conquered, but also back in Germany’s original domains. Lastly, I should have made better use of my navy resources; I pretty much ignored these units.

No comments:

Post a Comment