Friday, August 23, 2013

A Hobbits Home

Although I never got around to reading the other two books of the Hobbit trilogy I do remember reading The Hobbit and being totally fascinated by the theme of the book. The beginning description of Bilbo Baggins and his home under the hill still resonates with me.

Maddie hobbit’s hole site features a handsome hand built Hobbit home. The home with a removable roof features fully furnished rooms, a pantry with miniature cheeses and pies, a table set for guests, ornate doors and windows with wrought iron work, tile floors, flowers, candles, fireplace, ETC, ETC, ETC. This diorama is a highly detailed labor of love. Who says girls cannot love Hobbits.

There’s even a landscaped yard and garden outside. You really have to see this to truly appreciate the work that went into this miniature. The home was built to accommodate miniature doll house furniture so it was built in either the 2”/3" or “1" scale.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Intending to delete-edit my comment, I accidentally deleted yours, I am very sorry about that. The edited replay should read Very impressive in deed, not dead.

      Delete
  2. Very impressive, in dead! Thanks for your comment, Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam

    Intending to delete-edit my comment, I accidentally deleted yours, I am very sorry about that. The edited replay should read Very impressive in deed, not dead.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete