Friday, August 9, 2013

15mm WWI Whippet Tank


The model from Blue Moon Manufacturing is my fist 15mm casting. Blue Moon offers several WWI tanks so I am sure I will be ordering another at another point in time.
The tank is a resin casting and comes with a metal spruce that includes six machine gun barrels. The casting contained a little flash that needed to be removed. I used a hobby knife and file to remove the flash and I had to putty a few small irregularities on the front of the tank. It looks like I may have to drill out the openings for the four machine gun barrels with a small drill bit.

I have done some research into this tank and have included these resources below. These sites and images should give me plenty of fodder when it comes time to paint and weather this casting.
The Whippet tank was a British tank that saw action against the Germans in 1918. The tank weighed 15 tons and had a range of 80 miles. It was armed with 3 or 4 7.7mm Hotchkiss machine guns and could travel at a speed of 8 miles per hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment