Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Terrain for the Pirates of the Spanish Main

Like I mentioned in a recent Pirates of the Spanish Main post, home islands are not included in the mix. I have been looking for ideas and plan’s for these islands and have come-up with several links that might very useful in that endeavor.

P.O.T.S.M. Tables & Islands

Offers many fine images of island and game tables that the author has created; truly inspirational.

Another rocky hill...

An August 2012 post on this blog that offers instructions on how to create “another rocky hill”. The instructions are geared toward the war-gamer, but the techniques presented here could be put into use for islands on my Pirates of the Spanish Main

Instructables: Mini Island Gaming Terrain

Actually offers instructions on how to create islands for the Pirates of the Spanish Main game. It includes the materials and instructions on how to create islands that are very realistic in appearance.

Now that you have an island, how about some trees?

About.Com”: Make Realistic Miniature Model Palm Trees from Paper or Fabric and Wire

Features instructions on how to create miniature palm trees. Whether the palms trees can be created in smaller sizes I do not know, but I thought the article was well worth a peak.

02

2 comments:

  1. You've found some fantastic examples of terrain building there; I can testify to the effectiveness of the rocky hill as I've copied that one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps I should post my own adventures into this business of scenery building...

    Thanks for your comment, Michael.

    ReplyDelete