Monday, June 17, 2013

Risk Game #004

I participated in a game of Risk last weekend. There were three of us playing. We used the following colored pieces: yellow, blue, and green. The person playing blue was new to the game.

I was dealt four of territories in Africa and held the continent for some of the game. Yellow was dealt most of Australia and easily conquered the rest of this continent. She held on to this continent for the entire game. The Yellow player also was dealt quite a few territories in Asia and she took full advantage of this.

Most of the blue player’s territories were in close proximity to mine, so she considered me her greatest threat and pursued her attacks on my continents and territories. The blue player did conquer the hold South America for several turns, but chose to focus on my territories rather than on the Yellow player (she could have, if she chose to, put some pressure on Yellow), who took all of Asia.

With my constantly having to defend myself from the Blue player, and to recapture my territories I could not keep the pressure on the Yellow player effectively. Yellow had Australia, the whole of Asia, and Europe. With her other territories, continents and her card turn-in’s, she over whelmed us easily with her numerous armies and took the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment