Monday, April 29, 2013

The Foundation

Over the past week I have been listing to a BBC radio drama of Isaac Asimov’s Foundation Series. The original Foundation series consisted of a set of seven science novels. This radio (podcast) is an adaption from what is commonly known as the Foundation Trilogy, which consists the Foundation, Foundation and Empire, and Second Foundation novels.

The BBC has done a very fine job in not only presenting this series, but in also creating sound effects that were created especially for this series. The show consists of eight parts and runs for roughly eight hours.

I do remember reading the Foundation when I was young and remember trying to make sense out of all of it. Listening to the series on my MP3 player while out for a walk has been very enjoyable and has rekindled my interest in Isaac Asimov.

Anyone who loves Science Fiction and or Isaac Asimov should listen to this podcast. I am sure that in doing so it will give you a new appreciation for this author, as it has for me.

Do you know of any science fiction podcast s? Please let me know.

1 comment:

  1. I too have read Asimov's Foundation. I haven't listened to this podcast, but perhaps I should.

    ReplyDelete